Introduction to Photography
30 Jan to 12 Mar 2020
- Time : 6:30pm - 9:00pm (Thursday evenings)
- Place : Ivan's Camera, 181 St. George Street, Moncton, NB
- Class Size : Maximum of 10 students
- Skill Level : Beginner
- Required Equipment : Digital SLR (DSLR), mirrorless camera, or advanced point-and-shoot camera with manual control
- Registration : Please register using the online payment option below
The Intro to Photography course consists of 17.5 hours of classroom instruction over a period of 7 weeks (2.5 hours/day, one day per week).
The course is designed to give students a foundation in the principles of photography and an introduction to digital cameras and their main controls. Emphasis is placed on the exposure components - aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. Students will learn what they are, what they do, and how they can be manipulated for both technical and, especially, creative purposes. The intent is to allow new photographers to move away from the automatic modes, to take control of the camera and camera settings, and to improve the overall quality of their images.
- Camera care
- Basic composition
- Exposure and its components
- Metering and metering modes
- Focus point selection, focus modes, and focus drives
- White balance
A basic familiarity with the camera is an asset but not required.
Students should bring their camera and camera manual to each class.
The instructor reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment. Full refunds will be issued if a course is cancelled or if a student withdraws prior to the start of the course. There are no refunds after the first night of classes.
For further information, please contact me.
Registration Closed - Class in Progress