I'm a self-taught photographer. I started with film cameras and traditional darkrooms in 1990 before transitioning to digital in 2006. For 30 years, photography has been my hobby, diversion, outlet, expression, and profession.
At first, I specialized in sports action and dance photography. I've photographed several sports at various levels, including minor, high school, university, and elite, and I've had the privilege of photographing the recitals for two of Moncton's youth dance companies. I've also provided editorial services for media and government. Lately, I've concentrated on landscape photography and, when time permits, a couple of long-term personal projects.
Several of my prints have been accepted into juried exhibitions. I am the recipient of both an arts residency and an arts grant.
I have taught introductory photography since 2011, offering courses and the occasional workshop in Moncton and Sackville. I also offer private lessons within the Greater Moncton area.
I live in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, where I continue to hone both my craft and my vision.
I prefer to stay close to home. I don't need to travel far to highlight the natural, rugged, and inherent beauty of the Maritimes. I am particularly drawn to coastal and rural areas, and to the merger of land, sea, and horizon. I will often return to locations multiple times, either to record them in various conditions of light and weather, or simply to seek the best possible light and weather.
I prefer minimalism and negative space, and the ability to isolate my subjects both within their surroundings and the final composition. I rarely include people.
I prefer to work in black and white. I use a minimum of post-processing - I capture scenes, I don't create them. Ideally, my prints will be timeless, relatable, and understandable to most audiences.
Ultimately, I'm simply trying to photograph my surroundings as I see them - your world, my vision, one image at a time.
Photographer2008 - Current
Freelance photographer specializing in fine art landscapes.
Photography Instructor2011 - Current
Offering introductory photography courses, photography workshops, and private lessons in the Greater Moncton area.
Town of Sackville2016 - Current
Instructor: Introduction to Photography - an eight week introductory photography course for beginners.
NBCC-Moncton2011 - 2017
Instructor: Introduction to DSLR Photography - a seven week introductory photography course for beginners.
Juried & Group Exhibitions
- 2019 - City of Moncton Fine Arts Collection Public Installation, Moncton, NB
- 2017 - Nonesuch Art on Paper Awards: Parrsboro, NS, and Montréal, QC
- 2017 - Town of Truro Art Acquisition Show: McCarthy Gallery, Truro, NS
- 2016 - Nonesuch Art on Paper Awards: Parrsboro, NS, and Montréal, QC
- 2016 - Annual Juried Exhibition: Moncton Gallery, Moncton, NB
- 2014 - Annual Juried Exhibition: Moncton Gallery, Moncton, NB
- 2013 - Annual Juried Exhibition: Moncton Gallery, Moncton, NB
- 2010 - Annual Juried Exhibition: Moncton Gallery, Moncton, NB
- 2008 - Annual Juried Exhibition: Moncton Gallery, Moncton, NB
- 2007 - Annual Juried Exhibition: Moncton Gallery, Moncton, NB
- 2015 - Port Bickerton Lighthouse Artist-in-Residence, Port Bickerton, NS
- 2015 - Creation C: New Brunswick Arts Board
- 2015 - Career Development AIR: New Brunswick Arts Board
- City of Moncton Fine Arts Collection
- Port Bickerton Lighthouse Association
- Private Collections: Montréal, QC; Moncton, NB
- QMi Agency
- danse DNA dance
- NHL Images